This resource center connects you with the latest in research, webinars, trainings, and more to help better coordinate care for people aging with HIV.
- Gilead Sciences 2021 HIV Age Positively Report
This report from Gilead Sciences reviews resources related to HIV and aging created by HIV Age Positively program grantees.
- Aging With HIV Comes With Other Health Concerns
This article from POZ notes that a large study found that heart disease and mental health conditions are driving use of multiple medications as people age. People aging with HIV develop more chronic conditions and start to take more medications.
- Multimorbidity in people with HIV using ART in the US: Projections to 2030
The researchers forecast a “silver tsunami” in multimorbidity, polypharmacy, and healthcare costs in US residents with HIV.
- Aging With HIV Institute and Roundtable
This roundtable brought together experts living and aging with HIV (15 years or more) to review and reflect upon the current capacity and future constraints of the HIV and aging care and prevention services sectors, and the discrete needs that follow. Together with community leaders, provider participants discussed and framed their shared experience conversations into adaptive and innovative recommendations and evidence-based interventions that reduce disability and improve service delivery for people aging with HIV.
- Aging and on PrEP: Considerations for PrEP in People 50 Years of Age and Older
Ensuring older adults have access to PrEP is a key step towards ending the HIV epidemic in the U.S. This webinar presents considerations around medical, counseling, and educational strategies to improve the uptake of PrEP among people aged 50 and older. It highlights the benefits and opportunities of using PrEP in this population in efforts to decrease the rate of new HIV infections among people over 50. Presenters focus on practical strategies for engaging older adults, such as culturally competent messaging and sexual history taking.
- HealthHIV’s Second Annual State of Aging with HIV National Survey
This comprehensive national survey further underscores the ongoing needs and experiences of people aging, thriving, and sometimes struggling with the HIV; many of whom are among the first generation of people diagnosed with HIV.
- HIV and Older Americans
CDC factsheet on HIV among older Americans.
- Current Challenges and Solutions in Research and Clinical Care of Older Persons Living with HIV
Looks at the current state of research around inflamm-aging and other age-related comorbidities in PWH.
- Part B: AIDS Drug Assistance Program
HRSA resource explaining how Part B of the RW program (ADAP funds) works.
- Aging with HIV in the ART Era
Examines the various comorbidities, such as chronic inflammation, associated with aging with HIV.
- Forging New Frontiers in HIV and Aging
This editorial looks at the current state of ART, aging with HIV, and factors related to positive aging.
- Positive Psychological Factors are Linked to Successful Cognitive Aging Among Older Persons Living with HIV/AIDS
Examines relationships between psychological factors and successful cognitive aging in PWH.
- Links Between Inflammation, Mood, and Physical Function Among Older Adults With HIV
Examines relationships between psychosocial factors, inflammatory markers, and age-related health outcomes among older PLWH.
- Moment-to-Moment Changes in Perceived Social Support and Pain for Men Living With HIV: an Experience Sampling Study
This study looks at how social support moderates the experience of pain in people with HIV.
- What to Know About HIV and COVID-19
CDC info page on PWH concerns about COVID-19.
- Social Support Systems and Social Network Characteristics of Older Adults with HIV
This article discusses different types of social networks among older adults with HIV.
- HIV Care Among Elderly Population: Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis
This article discusses HIV prevalence in the elderly population and the present situation of continuum care for elderly HIV patients.
- Inflamm-aging Webinar
This webinar from the Effi Barry Training Institute details the connection between chronic inflammation and HIV infection and discusses care considerations and emerging research.
- Optimizing HIV Care for People Aging with HIV: Incorporating New Elements of Care Reference Guide for Aging with HIV
This reference guide from HRSA highlights common health and social needs of older adults with HIV, as well as screenings and assessments for these needs.
- Older Adult Clients: HRSA’s Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program, 2019
This factsheet from the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) overviews socioeconomic and demographic data regarding the older adult clients of the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program (RWHAP).
- HIV and Older Americans
This factsheet from th
eCDC highlights HIV incidence and trends in diagnoses among older adults, as well as statistics related to linkage to care, retention in care, and viral suppression among older adults living with HIV.