Title: Communications Intern
Reports to: Intern Coordinator and Executive Director
Description: The Communications Intern will provide HealthHIV’s Communications team with programmatic support, research and analysis, and writing and reporting related to the broad spectrum of HealthHIV’s programmatic efforts with consumers, advocates, healthcare providers, community-based organizations, and healthcare organizations. Primary responsibilities will focus on overall communications support. Intern will assist with the following:
- Developing written and images-based promotions, such as press releases, e-newsletters, web content, promotional products, web sliders, etc.
- Writing and posting social media content (directly or through social media aggregator) to promote agency programs and events
- Managing the constituent relationship management (CRM) system and its related promotional tools
- Developing publication materials and promotions (e.g., booklets, toolkits, brochures)
- Creating PowerPoints and other materials for conferences, meetings, events, and presentations
- Writing/editing development proposals and/or grants
- Other writing and reporting activities on subject matter related to: HIV, Health Reform, ACA Implementation, Clinical Trials, Awareness Efforts/Campaign Materials, HCV, LGBT Health
· A strong communications background demonstrated through educational background and/or previous work experience in social media or related communications effort/project. Experience working with graphic design a plus
· Interest in health care, health policy, or public health
· Excellent writing and research skills
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel and PowerPoint, and Adobe Creative Suite applications (particularly Illustrator, InDesign, PhotoShop and After Effects)
· Ability to think creatively and work well in groups
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Willingness and ability to work autonomously, with direction and support
How to Apply
We are seeking an undergraduate or graduate school level intern. Potential intern must be available to work at least 20 hours each week. Interns will be compensated hourly, commensurate with experience.
An internship at HealthHIV offers many learning opportunities in a variety of areas. Interns should have an interest in HIV/AIDS, welcome working in a diverse environment, and be able to multi-task efficiently and effectively.
Send application materials by email to email@example.com with “Communications Intern” as the subject. Include a cover letter, your resume or CV, and a 1-3 page writing sample.
This is a paid position.