HealthHIV Position: eLearning Specialist
Title: eLearning Specialist
Reports to: Director of Education
The eLearning Specialist will be responsible for managing the online training strategy of HealthHIV programs. The eLearning Specialist will develop competency-based, educational content and training using adult learning principles to improve competency, capacity, and skills of the target audiences, which include both clinical providers (MD/DO, NP/PA) and the non-clinical public health workforce (navigators, case managers, disease intervention specialists). Recipients of HealthHIV’s online training include health centers, community- and faith-based organizations, health departments (state and local), and HIV, sexually transmitted infections (STIs), hepatitis C (HCV), and behavioral health service organizations. The eLearning Specialist has familiarity with online training and e-learning development, learning management systems (LMS), e-learning instructional design, and related softwares, such as Articulate, Lectora, and Adobe. The eLearning Specialist will optimize the training process for efficiency, assess training modifications and user-compatibility, and elevate interactivity of e-learning courses, webinars, and other online resources.
HealthHIV has unique online training and certificate programs in HIV prevention, testing, and treatment, as well as HCV care/treatment, LGBT health, and opioid use, that the eLearning Specialist supports. HealthHIV also produces high-volume medical and consumer education with several first-of-its-kind programs. The eLearning Specialist will develop continuing education (CE) and continuing medical education (CME) in partnership with accredited organizations. HealthHIV’s online training programs are supported by federal government healthcare agencies and the private sector.
The eLearning Specialist will support training with a special emphasis on communities of color; people living with or at risk for HIV, STIs, and HCV; and, LGBTQ communities. The eLearning Specialist also will support new business development.
Bachelor’s degree, with a minimum of five years of experience is required. Master’s degree in Public Health, Social Work, Health Promotion, Health Administration, or a related field is preferred. Experience may be substituted for education. Applicant should have at least five years of experience managing online education and training and/or capacity building activities to health care organizations, health departments, faith and community-based organizations, healthcare providers, and/or other public health professionals through online learning. Specialization in advancing health equity and minority health, including work with MSM of color and transgender individuals is strongly desired. Experience developing competency-based curricula and continuing medical education programs is desired. The successful candidate will have experience creating e-learning content, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work independently. Applicant should possess strong cultural and linguistic competencies.
It is strongly recommended that the applicant have knowledge and skills to develop education and training resources in the areas of: basic HIV service competencies; high-impact prevention programs, including biomedical HIV prevention; and emerging evidence-based or informed approaches to HIV prevention, care, and treatment.
This full-time position is based in HealthHIV’s Washington, DC office.
Skills and Abilities Needed:
● Excellent oral and written communication skills
● Robust ability to develop competency-based (skills and knowledge attainment) educational resources and curricula
● Sound ability to design and implement online education and training activities and assess outcomes and impact of training programs
● Expertise in instructional methods and training techniques, including curriculum design principles, adult learning theory, and blended learning strategies
● Experience with e-learning design, such as Articulate, Lectora, Adobe Software Suite (Captivate, Flash and Photoshop)
● Capacity to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; ensure deadlines are met; organize and track activities for multiple projects; work independently and as a team member; show initiative; and demonstrate critical thinking
● Proactive in identifying solutions, results-oriented, and take pride in the ownership of projects
● Successful track record of managing multiple priorities efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision
● Possess strong project and team management skills, and work effectively as part of a team with diverse staff
● Strong competencies in the field of HIV, sexual and behavioral health, and support services, including prevention, housing, care, and treatment
● Be highly skilled in computer use, especially in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
● Define and manage e-learning development strategies and processes.
● Provide refined instructional design structure to current training efforts.
● Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content using a variety of solutions including audio, video, presentations, and facilitated training.
● Develop measurable competency-based (skills and knowledge attainment) training and education online (e-learning instructional design).
● Lead the development and implementation of strategies to deliver effective HIV, STI, HCV trainings and educational activities, including managing subcontractors.
● Contract and supervise additional subject-matter experts and consultants to develop content, design e-learning, and deliver trainings.
● Report on e-learning and online training activities and on subcontractor activities, including assisting in the preparation of required programmatic reports, including semi-annual and quarterly reports.
● Participate in organizational, project, and client meetings as required.
● Maintain organized project files, including emails, surveys, reports, databases, presentations, etc. in electronic and paper formats as appropriate.
● Complete other duties as assigned.
● Travel up to 30% required.
● Comprehensive health benefits (Domestic Partners are eligible for coverage).
● Retirement benefits (eligible to join the 403b plan after the three-month introductory period). Twenty-three days (minimum) of paid personal leave (accrual begins on start date at 7.19 hours per pay period).
How to Apply:
HealthHIV offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and based on salary history, as well as an outstanding benefits package. HealthHIV is an Equal Opportunity Employer; minorities and persons living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply.
Resumes must include a cover letter (with salary requirements) and should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with “ eLearning Specialist” in the subject line. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
This job description is not inclusive of all responsibilities or duties related to the position and may be revised at any time. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required by the project or the organization. Employment with HealthHIV is at-will and as such the employment relationship may be terminated at any time with or without cause.
HealthHIV’s workplace values diversity and promotes equal opportunities for employees regardless of age, creed, race, ethnicity, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or culture. HealthHIV adheres to the principles to promote a diverse, safe, secure, and healthy workplace for all its employees. As an organization, HealthHIV recognizes each person as a unique individual who contributes different skills, knowledge, qualifications, experiences, and attitudes and believes to our workplace, valuing and embracing each person’s differences as a means to our success.