This job posting is now closed. Thank you.
Title: Capacity Building Assistance (CBA) Senior Manager: HIV, HCV, and Health Equity
Reports to: Senior Director of Capacity Building
Application Deadline: Thursday, February 3, 2022
This position will be responsible for the coordination, delivery/facilitation, and implementation of Capacity Building Assistance (CBA) and Technical Assistance (TA) services to state and local health departments and jurisdictions, community-based organizations, health centers, and other community health services organizations providing HIV, sexually transmitted disease and infection (STD and STI), hepatitis C (HCV), and behavioral and mental health services.
The CBA Senior Manager will provide support for statewide activities aiming to address the ongoing and unmet capacitation needs of the publicly and privately funded HIV, HCV, and STI organizations. The activities will be a part of a larger nationwide effort to end the syndemics of HIV, HCV, and STIs as well as to mitigate behavioral and ecological factors impacting risk for disease acquisition, such as past or current drug use. In addition to developing and implementing CBA/TA plans and materials, the CBA Senior Manager will deliver and/or coordinate individualized consultation and training to build the capacity of the public health workforce. They will manage the day-to-day implementation of CBA programs and oversee CBA Coordinators to ensure program deliverables are high-quality and meet deadlines. This CBA Senior Manager also is responsible for planning, facilitating and/or delivering in-person and online training and education activities, including managing the development of competency-based curricula that advances knowledge and skills of HealthHIV’s various communities of learners (e.g. clinical and nonclinical providers, public health workforce, and health service clients). Specialization in health equity, social justice, racial and ethnic minority health, and LGBTQ+ health is strongly desired.
Applicants must hold a BA or BS degree in public health, health administration, behavioral health, or a related field. A Master’s degree is preferred. Also required: at least 5 years of related work experience combined with the ability to demonstrate the necessary skills and abilities for this position. Candidates must have at least 3 years of experience managing CBA, TA, and/or training activities to local or state public health departments; community-based organizations; and/or health organizations that improved the programmatic, clinical, and/or administrative capacity of the organizations to provide services to individuals living with or at risk for HIV, HCV, and/or STIs. Strong competencies and experience addressing harm reduction, health equity, social justice, and the social determinants of health in the areas of HIV, HCV, sexual and behavioral health, and related support services, such as housing, are necessary.
This full-time position is based at HealthHIV’s Washington, DC office. Remote work is not authorized for this position.
Skills and Abilities Needed:
- Proven success with implementing capacity building assistance and in developing competency-based curriculum is required.
- Possess strong project, staff, and team management skills.
- Current or former direct HIV/STI prevention and care service experience desired.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Balance multiple responsibilities and functions well under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and meet deadlines.
- Deliver quality customer service and work products.
- Work effectively independently as well as part of a team with diverse staff.
- Strong group and meeting facilitation skills.
- Possess strong competencies in the topics of HIV, hepatitis C, and STI prevention/treatment, opioid use disorder prevention and treatment, sexual and behavioral health, and support services, including prevention, housing, care, and treatment.
- Be skilled in computer use especially in Google and Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Be skilled with virtual learning and web meeting platforms (e.g. Zoom).
- Develop, deliver and coordinate CBA and training to priority audiences with a focus on improving the programmatic, clinical, and administrative capacity of the organizations’ provider services to individuals with HIV or HCV, in addition to those at-risk for or acquisition of HIV, HCV and STIs.
- Communicate and collaborate with other partnering agencies, providers and stakeholders in implementing and actualizing more effective linkage to care and (treatment as) prevention strategies for HIV, HCV, and STI community services.
- Develop and deliver online elearning modules to train clinical providers in HIV, HCV, and STI competencies.
- Expand interprofessional and collaborative/integrated care models.
- Deliver status-neutral CBA and training to support the public health workforce, including infectious disease specialists and general practitioners and other service providers.
- Ensure that the delivery of CBA is cost‐effective, consistent, efficient, and meets or exceeds expectations.
- Support the creation of qualitative and quantitative CBA needs assessment instruments and conduct CBA needs assessments with recipient organizations.
- Facilitate group-level training, workshops, community forums, and individual consultations.
- Deliver training in various formats, when necessary, using relevant training materials such as electronic handouts, texts, class exercises or assessment tools.
- Actively seek ways to improve instruction using principles of adult learning.
- Maintain accurate records, including CBA and training schedules, participant rosters, engagement notes, etc.
- Effectively manage consultants and subcontractors by developing and monitoring contracts and scopes of work.
- Develop written reports and other materials to document activities and delivery of quality services.
- Lead organizational, project, and client meetings.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Travel up to 20% required, post COVID-19 restrictions.
- Salary range: $70,000 – $85,000 commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive health benefits (Domestic Partners are eligible for coverage).
- Retirement benefits (eligible to join the 403b plan after the three-month introductory period).
- Twenty-three days (minimum) of paid personal leave (accrual begins on start date at 7.19 hours per pay period).
- Federal holidays observed.
How to Apply:
Resumes must include a cover letter and should be submitted to [email protected] with “CBA Senior Manager” in the subject line. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Application Deadline: Thursday, February 3, 2022
This job description is not inclusive of all responsibilities or duties related to the position and may be revised at any time. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required by the project or the organization. Employment with HealthHIV is at-will, and as such, the employment relationship may be terminated at any time, with or without cause.