CONTINUING EDUCATION AT SYNC 2018:
To obtain CME/CE/CHES Credits
- Click on the “Find Post-Test/Evaluation by Course” at the top of the page.
- Enter “13252” and hit enter.
- Click on the activity title.
- Choose your profession/type of credit you are seeking.
- Complete the evaluation form.
About Continuing Education at SYNChronicity 2018.
Participants had the opportunity to earn credits toward their continuing medical education (CME), continuing education (CE), and certified health education specialist (CHES) units for full SYNC 2018 conference attendance. CME, CE, and CHES credits also will be available for individual SYNC 2018 Plenary and Track Sessions.
CME, CE, and CHES credits are jointly provided by Postgraduate Institute for Medicine and HealthHIV.
This activity is supported, in part, by an independent educational grant from Merck.
This activity is intended for physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, registered nurses, social workers, certified health education specialists, and other healthcare professionals engaged in the care of patients with HIV.
Overall Educational Objectives
- After completing this activity, the participant should be better able to:
- Provide organizations information and tools to sustain and evolve in a dynamic environment that will better meet the needs of their clients.
- Employ the integration of HIV, HCV and other communicable diseases’ prevention and care services into primary health care.
- Outline current national and local efforts to increase patient access to care.
- Demonstrate readiness to create new partnerships to implement a synchronized approach to address patient/client care.
- Explain how the underlying factors, named social determinants of health, impact the overall health outcomes of individuals and communities.
Joint Accreditation Statement
In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by the Postgraduate Institute for Medicine and HealthHIV. Postgraduate Institute for Medicine is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Physician Continuing Medical Education
The Postgraduate Institute for Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 14.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Continuing Nursing Education
The maximum number of hours awarded for this Continuing Nursing Education activity is 14.5 contact hours.
Pharmacotherapy contact hours for Advance Practice Registered Nurses to be determined.
CHES Continuing Education
Sponsored by Postgraduate Institute for Medicine, a designated a provider of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. This program is designated for Certified Health Education Specialists (CHES) and/or Master Certified Health Education Specialists (MCHES) to receive up to 16.0 total entry-level Category I continuing education contact hours.
Continuing Education Approval from NASW Virginia Chapter is pending.
Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest
Postgraduate Institute for Medicine (PIM) requires instructors, planners, managers and other individuals who are in a position to control the content of this activity to disclose any real or apparent conflict of interest (COI) they may have as related to the content of this activity. All identified COI are thoroughly vetted and resolved according to PIM policy. The existence or absence of COI for everyone in a position to control content will be disclosed to participants prior to the start of each activity.
Americans with Disabilities Act
SYNC2018 staff will be glad to assist you with any special needs (ie, physical, dietary, etc). Please contact Terrence Calhoun prior to the live event at email@example.com or 202.507.4723.
There is no fee for this educational activity.
A statement of credit will be issued only upon receipt of a completed activity evaluation form and will be emailed to you within three weeks.