FISCAL HEALTH: SYSTEMS TO SUSTAINABILITY
HealthHIV’s Fiscal Health: Systems to SustainabilityTM provides education, training, and technical assistance that addresses the fiscal sustainability of healthcare and social service organizations by building their fiscal and grants management capacity. Fiscal Health utilizes a diverse and culturally competent team of fiscal management experts to provide organizational sustainability services through effective trainings and technical assistance. Services are available on a fee-for service basis or through existing contracts with federal agencies.
An enhanced approach to building the organizational, and specifically the fiscal health, of healthcare and social service organizations and providers, the Fiscal Health trainings and technical assistance help develop and/or enhance operational fiscal systems, with emphasis on fiscal and programmatic monitoring standards, budgeting, diversifying income, uniform guidance, maximizing third party reimbursement, time and effort reporting, and quality controls. Services benefit individuals at all levels of expertise in nonprofit health organizations, health departments, social service, and government agencies.
Fiscal Health provides quality, outcomes-driven technical assistance on specific challenges healthcare and social service organizations face. Our customizable program allows your organization to select the level of collaboration with HealthHIV based on your technical assistance needs:
- Individualized Technical Assistance: Individualized support based on organizational need, typically delivered as a virtual or onsite, in-person session with key program staff. One-time, single-topic TA is customized to organizational and program staff learning needs on priority areas and conducted through an onsite or virtual TA session.
- Ongoing Technical Assistance: Continuous one-year, multi-topic engagement on specific fiscal sustainability and grants management topics based on organizational and program staff need. TA is provided by phone, email, webinar, and/or other virtual methods and is focused on federal grants compliance topics, internal policy and procedure review, and program implementation support.
Fiscal Health conducts group trainings that cover specific topics related to federal grants management and fiscal sustainability. We offer interactive, in-person, one- or two-day trainings for an entire jurisdiction or a small group. Our trainings cover a variety of topics, including:
- Compliance with federal grants requirements
- Management of 340B pharmacy programs
- Budgeting and projecting program income
- Fiscal diversification
- Managing multiple funding streams
- Budgeting basics for non-financial managers
- Shifting to fee for service models
- Responding to audit/site visit findings
- HRSA/HAB fiscal monitoring standards
- Third-party billing
- Implementing sliding fee scales and caps on charges
- Income diversification
Our jurisdiction-level trainings offer opportunities for healthcare and social service organizations to network and collaborate with other entities; our small-group trainings are tailored specifically to the needs of the jurisdiction or organization.
REQUEST TRAINING/TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE
To request fiscal training or technical assistance (including pricing), complete the Fiscal Health Services Request Form or contact HealthHIV’s Fiscal Team at 202.232.6749 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
FISCAL VAULT RESOURCES
HealthHIV’s Fiscal Vault: Unlocking Innovative Fiscal Health Resources is an interactive portal designed to strengthen and sustain the fiscal management of healthcare organizations through online resources and individual technical assistance. Vault resources cover all Fiscal Health topics related to grants management, health systems, and profit and sustainability.