Title: Capacity Building Manager
Reports to: Senior Director of Capacity Building
Application Deadline: May 3, 2019
The Capacity Building Manager will manage HealthHIV programs that improve the programmatic, clinical, and administrative capacity of the organizations served by HealthHIV to sustain quality programs for individuals at-risk for or living HIV. These organizations include Health Centers, community- and faith-based organizations, as well as health departments and HIV/AIDS service organizations. The Capacity Building Manager will manage day-to-day implementation of CBA activities. This includes completion of objectives, preparation of progress reports, national conference participation, meetings, regional conferences, and other events to represent HealthHIV. CBA Manager will assist in the development of competency based curriculum, both in-person and online, that advances knowledge and skills of the learners. Specialization in advancing health equity and minority health, including work with MSM of color and transgender individuals is strongly desired. The Capacity Building Manager also will contribute to and support new business development efforts.
BA or BS in public health, health policy, health administration or a related field, Masters preferred. Minimum of 3 years related work experience combined with the ability to demonstrate the needed skills and abilities for this position. At least 3 years of experience managing technical assistance, capacity building and/or training activities to health care organizations, health departments, and/or faith and community-based organizations through a series of group-level trainings, boot camps, community forms, and individual consultation. Experience working with primary care organizations, medical education companies, and/or health centers is strongly desired. Applicants should possess experience and/or interest in health equity and minority health. Strong competencies in the field of HIV, sexual and behavioral health, and support services, including prevention, housing, care, and treatment is necessary. It is strongly recommended that the applicant have knowledge and skills to provide TA and CBA in the areas of fee-for-service business processes; basic HIV service competencies; data sharing; high-impact prevention programs, including biomedical; and emerging evidence-based or informed approaches. Experience developing and coordinating continuing medical education programs is desired.
Experience may be substituted for education.
This full-time position is based in HealthHIV’s Washington, DC office.
- Openness and willingness to receive and provide feedback.
- Ongoing learning and performance improvement.
- Enthusiasm, flexibility and adaptability in a changing and dynamic work environment.
Skills and Abilities Needed
- Possess strong project and team management skills.
- Balance multiple responsibilities and function well under pressure.
- Deliver quality customer service and work products.
- Work effectively as part of a team with diverse staff.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Be skilled in computer use especially in Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Possess strong competencies in the field of HIV, sexual and behavioral health, and support services, including prevention, housing, care, and treatment.
- Lead the development and implementation of strategies to deliver effective HIV TA and CBA, including managing subcontractors.
- Develop and refine TA and CBA tools.
- Coordinate numerous medical education activities.
- Manage the process and assessment of organizations interested in receiving CBA and work with the Project Director and CBA/TA coordinators to develop, refine, and implement processes for reviewing their request for services.
- Contract and supervise additional expert consultants to deliver CBA.
- Report on all CBA related activities and on subcontractor activities.
- Assist in the preparation of required programmatic reports, including semi annual and quarterly reports.
- Develop reports and other documents associated with promoting sound HIV related programs for audiences including program administrators.
- Participate in organizational, project, and client meetings as required.
- Maintain organized project files, including emails, surveys, reports, databases, presentations, etc. in electronic and paper formats as appropriate.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Travel up to 30% required.
- Comprehensive health benefits (Domestic Partners are eligible for coverage).
- Retirement benefits (eligible to join the 403b plan after the three-month introductory period). Twenty-three days (minimum) of paid personal leave (accrual begins on start date at 7.19 hours per pay period).
How to Apply
Resumes must include a cover letter and should be submitted to email@example.com with “CBA Manager” in the subject line. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Deadline for applications is April 22, 2019.
This job description is not inclusive of all responsibilities or duties related to the position and may be revised at any time. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required by the project or the organization. Employment with HealthHIV is at-will, and as such, the employment relationship may be terminated at any time, with or without cause.