Position: Project Associate/Operations Support
Reports to: Executive Director/Senior Director of Capacity Building
The Project Associate/Operations Associate works with staff at all levels to support planning, implementation, and development of HealthHIV operations and support programs. The Project Associate will handle a wide range of administrative tasks and will be able to work independently with minimal supervision. This person must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and energetic.
The Associate will manage strategic technology and platform development, management and maintenance, including online learning platforms and toolkits that provide constituents access to resources and technical assistance (TA) and capacity building assistance (CBA) services.
Bachelors degree required in business administration, public health, health policy, health administration or related field. Minimum of one year of related work experience combined with the ability to demonstrate the needed skills and abilities for this position. Experience working with HIV/AIDS service organizations or public health departments preferred. High quality customer service skills both in person and over phone/email. Ability to work effectively with a diverse staff and in team work groups.
This full-time position is based in HealthHIV’s Washington, DC office.
- Working in the spirit of openness, learning and ongoing improvement .
- Highest level of performance and completion objectives.
- Flexibility and adaptation to the organization’s dynamic environment of ongoing change
Skills and Abilities Needed:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills proficiency in intermediate computer skills, including word processing and spreadsheets
- Ability to manage business application software, including online learning platforms, and MAC computer systems maintenance and trouble shooting
- Comfortability with technology and learning new applications
- Ability to manage projects and meet deadlines.
- Considerable knowledge of effective office coordination and management techniques
- Demonstrate ability to identify problems within an office and to develop feasible solutions
- Interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Quality customer service skills
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse staff and as part of a team
- Ability to balance multiple responsibilities and function well under pressure
- Demonstrate a sound work ethic
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information
Director and Staff Support
- Excellent calendar and management skills, including the coordination of complex executive meetings
- Experience assisting management with the creation of PowerPoint presentations
- Strong knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience scheduling travel arrangements
- Answer phones and direct all incoming calls appropriately and efficiently
- Assist with presentation materials
- Review and summarize miscellaneous report and documents
- Prepare outgoing mail as necessary
- Priority and manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow through on issues in a timely manner
- Work closely with the senior director’s to coordinate and launch hard copy or email campaigns to consultants, clients and potential candidates
- Responsible for general organization of HH’s office space
- Order and maintain supplies and work closely with vendors to ensure competitive pricing
- Asset Control of HH’s computers, projector, telephones, fax machines and copiers
- Performs personnel administrative tasks, including coordination in hiring and promotion process and supervising employee time and attendance records
- Maintain and manage webinar platforms, including oversight, registration, production, and archiving
- Maintain and manage online learning platforms, including oversight, enrollment, and evaluation/data management
- Support staff in the development and implementation of strategies to deliver effective HIV TA and CBA
- Perform data entry, data cleaning, data management, and trend analysis using preferred software
- Write/edit programmatic reports
- Update and maintain online resources and toolkits that provides access to TA and CBA tools and educational materials
- Assist in the preparation of required programmatic reports, including semi annual and quarterly reports
- Participate in organizational, project, and client meetings as required
- Maintain organized project files, including emails, surveys, reports, databases, presentations, etc. in electronic and paper formats as appropriate
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Travel up to 5% required
- Comprehensive health benefits (Domestic Partners are eligible for coverage).
- Retirement benefits (eligible to join the 403b plan after the three-month introductory period). Twenty-three days (minimum) of paid personal leave (accrual begins on start date at 7.19 hours per pay period)
How to Apply
Resumes must include a one-page cover letter and should be submitted to email@example.com with “Project Associate” in the subject line. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
This job description is not inclusive of all responsibilities or duties related to the position and may be revised at any time. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required by the project or the organization. Employment with HealthHIV is at-will, and as such, the employment relationship may be terminated at any time, with or without cause.