Title: Senior Capacity Building Manager
Reports to: Senior Director of Capacity Building
The Senior Capacity Building Manager will provide training and capacity building assistance (CBA)/technical assistance (TA) to organizations and individuals reached through various HealthHIV programs. Organizations may include health centers, community- and faith-based organizations, health departments (state and local), and HIV, sexually transmitted infections (STIs), hepatitis C (HCV), and behavioral health service organizations. The Senior Capacity Building Manager primarily will lead delivery of training and technical assistance that improves programmatic, clinical, and administrative capacity of organizations through development of competency-based, educational content and training. Educational activities will be both in-person and online, and will advance the knowledge and skills of learners. The Senior CBA Manager will support programming with a special emphasis working with communities of color; people living with or at risk for HIV, STIs, and HCV; and LGBT communities.
The Senior CBA Manager will develop technical assistance plans, educational materials, plan and implement trainings, workshops, webinars, and other educational events, and serve as a trainer/facilitator. Specialization in advancing health equity and minority health, including work with MSM of color and transgender individuals is strongly desired. The Senior CBA Manager also will contribute to and support new business development efforts.
Bachelor’s degree, with five years of experience is required. Master’s degree in Public Health, Social Work, Health Promotion, Health Administration, or related field is preferred. Experience may be substituted for education. Applicant should have at least five years of experience managing technical assistance, capacity building and/or training activities to health care organizations, health departments, and/or faith and community-based organizations through group-level training, boot camps, community forums, and individual consultation. Applicant should possess strong cultural and linguistic competencies.
It is strongly recommended that the applicant have knowledge and skills to provide TA and CBA in the areas of fee-for-service business processes; basic HIV service competencies; data sharing; high-impact prevention programs, including biomedical; and emerging evidence-based or informed approaches. Experience developing competency-based curricula and continuing medical education programs is desired.
This full-time position is based in HealthHIV’s Washington, DC office.
Skills and Abilities Needed
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong group facilitation and training skills
- Robust ability to develop competency-based (skills and knowledge attainment) educational sessions
- Capacities to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; ensure deadlines are met; organize and track activities for multiple projects; work independently and as a team member; show initiative; and demonstrate critical thinking
- Sound ability to design and implement education and/or training activities (in-person and online); develop training materials; assess and develop technical assistance programs; and, provide technical assistance to AIDS service organizations or community based organizations (ASO/CBOs), state and local health departments, and/or health centers
- Strong competencies in the field of HIV, sexual and behavioral health, and support services, including prevention, housing, care, and treatment
- Possess strong project and team management skills
- Balance multiple responsibilities and function well under pressure
- Deliver quality customer service and work products
- Work effectively as part of a team with diverse staff
- Be skilled in computer use, especially in Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Lead the development and implementation of strategies to deliver effective HIV, STI, HCV trainings and educational activities, including managing subcontractors.
- Develop measurable competency-based (skills and knowledge attainment) training and educational sessions both in-person and online (e-learning instructional design).
- Develop and refine training and technical assistance tools.
- Manage the process and assessment of organizations interested in receiving training and technical assistance and work with the Project Director and TA coordinators to develop, refine, and implement processes for reviewing their request for services.
- Contract and supervise additional expert consultants to deliver trainings and capacity building.
- Report on all training related activities and on subcontractor activities.
- Assist in the preparation of required programmatic reports, including semi-annual and quarterly reports.
- Develop reports and other documents associated with promoting sound HIV-related programs for audiences, including program administrators.
- Participate in organizational, project, and client meetings as required.
- Maintain organized project files, including emails, surveys, reports, databases, presentations, etc. in electronic and paper formats as appropriate.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Travel up to 30% required.
- Comprehensive health benefits (Domestic Partners are eligible for coverage).
- Retirement benefits (eligible to join the 403b plan after the three-month introductory period). Twenty-three days (minimum) of paid personal leave (accrual begins on start date at 7.19 hours per pay period).
How to Apply
HealthHIV offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and based on salary history, as well as an outstanding benefits package. HealthHIV is an Equal Opportunity Employer; minorities and persons living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply.
Resumes must include a cover letter (with salary requirements) and should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Capacity Building Manager” in the subject line. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
This job description is not inclusive of all responsibilities or duties related to the position and may be revised at any time. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required by the project or the organization. Employment with HealthHIV is at-will and as such the employment relationship may be terminated at any time with or without cause.
HealthHIV’s workplace values diversity and promotes equal opportunities for employees regardless of age, creed, race, ethnicity, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or culture. HealthHIV adheres to the principles to promote a diverse, safe, secure, and healthy workplace for all its employees. As an organization, HealthHIV recognizes each person as a unique individual who contributes different skills, knowledge, qualifications, experiences, and attitudes and believes to our workplace, valuing and embracing each person’s differences as a means to our success.