Title: Capacity Building Assistance Coordinator
(Aging with HIV and LGBT Health)
Reports to: Capacity Building Manager
Application Deadline: Thursday, June 20, 2019
The Capacity Building Assistance (CBA) Coordinator will support HealthHIV’s Capacity Building Assistance Managers in the implementation of programs that provide training and targeted capacity building assistance (CBA) to state and local health departments, community-based organizations, health care organizations, and other organizations providing HIV, sexually transmitted infection (STI), hepatitis C (HCV), and behavioral health services. CBA services are designed to improve programmatic, clinical, and administrative capacity of organizations and clinical providers. The Coordinator will work with HealthHIV staff and partner organizations to assist in the development of educational materials and implementation of trainings, workshops, webinars, and other knowledge, skills, and competency building activities to advance health outcomes of individuals aging with HIV. Specialization in generational health, advancing health equity, racial and ethnic minority health, and LGBT health strongly desired.
The CBA Coordinator will collect critical data related to aging with HIV and frailty, implement state-of-the-science education and training for a variety of providers (clinical, case managers, navigators, other front-line providers), conduct patient education forums and empowerment campaigns, and improve adoption of care coordination models through targeted, tailored capacity building efforts.
BA or BS in public health, behavioral health, health administration or a related field required. Minimum of 3 years related work experience combined with the ability to demonstrate the needed skills and abilities for this position. The applicant will have experience coordinating technical assistance, capacity building assistance programs and/or facilitating training activities. Strong competencies in the field of HIV prevention and treatment, sexual and behavioral health, and implementation of public health interventions is desired. It is recommended that the applicant have knowledge and skills to support CBA in the areas of emerging HIV prevention and care strategies; aging with chronic conditions, opioid use disorder and behavioral health; and/or medical education. Applicant should have experience implementing patient education programs.
This full-time position is based in HealthHIV’s Washington, DC office and requires onsite engagement.
This full-time position is based in HealthHIV’s Washington, DC office.
Skills and Abilities Needed
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Possess strong community organizing skills.
- Ability to manage projects and meet deadlines.
- Be resourceful.
- Balance multiple responsibilities and function well under pressure.
- Deliver quality customer service and work products.
- Work effectively as part of a team with diverse staff.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Strong group facilitation skills.
- Possess strong competencies HIV prevention and care and aging with HIV and other comorbid conditions.
- Collect critical data related to aging with HIV and frailty.
- Implement state-of-the-science medical education for a variety of providers. (clinical, case managers, navigators, other front-line providers) for LGBT Health and aging with HIV.
- Conduct patient education forums and empowerment campaigns.
- Assess care models for individuals aging with HIV.
- Conduct organizational assessments and develop reports to plan CBA delivery.
- Coordinate the development of error-free, CBA products and tools.
- Conduct needs assessment and literature review documents for CBA programming.
- Update and maintain content on online resources and toolkits that provides access to CBA tools and educational materials.
- Develop reports and other documents associated with promoting sound HIV related programs for audiences including program administrators.
- Participate in organizational, project, and client meetings as required.
- Maintain organized project files, including emails, surveys, reports, databases, presentations, etc. in electronic and paper formats as appropriate.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Travel up to 20% required.
- Comprehensive health benefits (Domestic Partners are eligible for coverage).
- Retirement benefits (eligible to join the 403b plan after the three-month introductory period). Twenty-three days (minimum) of paid personal leave (accrual begins on start date at 7.19 hours per pay period).
How to Apply
Resumes must include a one-page cover letter and should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org “CBA Coordinator (Aging & LGBT)” in the subject line. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Deadline for applications is Thursday, June 20, 2019.
This job description is not inclusive of all responsibilities or duties related to the position and may be revised at any time. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required by the project or the organization. Employment with HealthHIV is at-will, and as such, the employment relationship may be terminated at any time, with or without cause.