Title: Capacity Building Assistance Manager
(HIV, HCV, and Opioid Use Disorders)
Reports to: Senior Director of Capacity Building
Application deadline: Thursday, June 20, 2019
This position will be responsible for the coordination, delivery/facilitation and implementation of capacitybuilding assistance (CBA) and technical assistance (TA) services to health departments, community-based organizations, health centers, and other HIV, HCV, and opioid use disorder treatment service organizations and partners. The Capacity Building Manager will develop and implement CBA/TA plans and materials, deliver individualized consultation and training, and coordinate delivery by additional service providers when required. The Capacity Building Manager will conduct needs assessments and continuous quality improvement activities and manage the day-to-day implementation of CBA activities. The CBA Manager also will assist in the development of competency-based curriculum, both in-person and online, that advances knowledge and skills of the learners. CBA manager will work across national, state, and local contracts at the intersection of the opioid and infectious disease epidemics, specifically, HIV and hepatitis C (HCV).
BA or BS in public health, health administration, behavioral health, or a related field required. Masters preferred. Minimum of 5 years related work experience combined with the ability to demonstrate the necessary skills and abilities for this position. The candidate must have at least 3 years of demonstrated experience managing capacity building, technical assistance, and/or training activities to health departments, community-based organizations, and/or health organizations that improved the programmatic, clinical, and/or administrative capacity of recipient organizations to provide services to individuals at-risk for or living with HIV or HCV. Applicants should possess experience in opioid use disorder and misuse prevention/treatment, substance use prevention/treatment, HIV and HCV prevention/treatment, health equity and minority health. Strong competencies in the fields of HIV, viral hepatitis, sexual and behavioral health, and related support services, including prevention, housing, care, and treatment is necessary. It is strongly recommended that the applicant have the knowledge and skills to directly provide CBA/TA on basic HIV and Opioid Use Disorder and Misuse service competencies: public health strategies; data sharing; high-impact prevention programs, including biomedical prevention and treatment; and, emerging evidence-based or informed approaches.
This full-time position is based at HealthHIV’s Washington, DC office and requires onsite engagement.
Skills and Abilities Needed:
- Possess strong project and team management skills.
- Balance multiple responsibilities and function well under pressure.
- Deliver quality customer service and work products.
- Work effectively as part of a team with diverse staff.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Be skilled in computer use especially in Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Possess strong competencies in the field of HIV, opioid use disorder prevention and treatment,sexual and behavioral health, and support services, including prevention, housing, care, and treatment.
- Develop, deliver and coordinate CBA/TA and training to priority audiences with a focus on improving the programmatic, clinical, and administrative capacity of the organizations provide services to individuals at-risk for or living with HIV or HCV.
- Develop and deliver online eLearning modules to train clinical providers to identify, prevent, and treat opioid use disorders and misuse.
- Ensure that the delivery of CBA is cost‐effective, consistent, efficient, and meets or exceeds expectations.
- Conduct CBA needs assessments in with recipient organizations.
- Deliver trainings in various classroom formats when necessary, using relevant training materials such as texts, handouts, class exercises or assessment tools.
- Facilitate group-level trainings, boot camps, community forms, and individual consultations.
- Actively seek ways to improve instruction using principles of adult learning.
- Maintain accurate records, including CBA and training schedules, participant rosters, engagement notes, etc.
- Effectively manageconsultants and subcontractors by developing and monitoring contracts and scopes of work.
- Develop written reports and other materialsto document delivery of quality services.
- Lead organizational, project, and client meetings.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Travel up to 20% required.
- Comprehensive health benefits (Domestic Partners are eligible for coverage).
- Retirement benefits (eligible to join the 403b plan after the three-month introductory period). Twenty-three days (minimum) of paid personal leave (accrual begins on start date at 7.19 hours per pay period).
How to Apply:
Resumes must include a cover letter and should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org “CBA Manager (HIV, HCV & OUD)” in the subject line. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Deadline for applications is Thursday, June 20, 2019.
This job description is not inclusive of all responsibilities or duties related to the position and may be revised at any time. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required by the project or the organization. Employment with HealthHIV is at-will, and as such, the employment relationship may be terminated at any time, with or without cause.