Title: Health Writer/Editor (E-learning)
Reports to: Director of Education
Application deadline: Thursday, June 20, 2019
This position will be responsible for supporting a multi-year training development cooperative agreement to produce online training modules and other content, and will support all writing/editing needs of the education program. The writer/editor will have proven writing skills, adhere to timelines, and manage multiple projects in various stages of development. The writer/editor will collaborate with the instructional design team and subject matter experts to produce clear, concise training products which are appropriate for the HIV prevention public health workforce and meet 508 compliance standards.
BA or BS in English or a related field with preferred work experience in public health, medical education, or HIV prevention. Masters preferred. Minimum of five years related work experience combined with the ability to demonstrate the necessary skills and abilities for this position. The candidate must present two recent writing samples that illustrate his/her ability to meet the job requirements. Strong preference for healthcare or medical writer experience.
This full-time position is based at HealthHIV’s Washington, DC office.
Skills and Abilities Needed:
- Knowledge of and ability to adhere to varying style guides (i.e. APA, GPO, MLA)
- Balance multiple responsibilities and functions well under pressure.
- Work effectively as part of a team with diverse staff.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Skilled in computer use especially in Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Write/edit training content with a team including subject matter experts, instructional designers, and other content writers.
- Collaborate with team to ensure written content is appropriate to audience and adheres to 508 compliant standards.
- Draft storyboards from narrative content, applying treatments developed by the training team.
- Draft scripts for video products.
- Test online trainings to ensure functionality.
- Provide feedback on design, graphics, and training components as they are being designed.
- Use principles of adult learning to improve instruction.
- Develop written reports and other materials to document delivery of quality services.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Limited travel required.
- Comprehensive health benefits (Domestic Partners are eligible for coverage).
- Retirement benefits (eligible to join the 403b plan after the three-month introductory period). Twenty-three days (minimum) of paid personal leave (accrual begins on start date at 7.19 hours per pay period).
How to Apply:
Resumes, cover letter, and writing samples should be submitted to email@example.com with “Writer/Editor (E-learning)” in the subject line. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Deadline for applications is Thursday, June 20, 2019.
This job description is not inclusive of all responsibilities or duties related to the position and may be revised at any time. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required by the project or the organization. Employment with HealthHIV is at-will, and as such, the employment relationship may be terminated at any time, with or without cause.