Position: Capacity Building Coordinator
Reports to: Senior Director of Capacity Building
The Capacity Building (CB) Coordinator will support HealthHIV’s Capacity Building and Training Managers in the implementation of programs that provide training and targeted technical assistance (TA) that improves programmatic, clinical, and administrative capacity of organizations. These organizations may include health centers, community- and faith-based organizations, health departments (state and local), hospitals, and HIV, sexually transmitted infections (STIs), hepatitis C (HCV), and behavioral health service organizations.
The Coordinator will work with HealthHIV staff and partner organizations to assist in the development of educational materials and implementation of trainings, workshops, webinars, and other educational events. Specialization in advancing health equity and minority health, including work with MSM of color, transgender individuals, and other marginalized communities is strongly desired.
The Coordinator also will manage content on online learning platforms and toolkits that provide constituents access to resources and TA services. The Coordinator will provide needs assessment support to various training and technical assistance programs, including the development of literature reviews, online surveys, and TA tools. The CB Coordinator will contribute to and support new business development efforts.
BA or BS in public health, health policy, health administration or a related field. Minimum of 2 years related work experience combined with the ability to demonstrate the needed skills and abilities for this position. Ideally, the applicant will have some experience coordinating technical assistance, capacity building and/or training activities.
Applicants should possess experience and/or interest in health equity and minority health, including work with MSM of color and transgender individuals. Strong competencies in the field of HIV prevention, sexual and behavioral health, and support services is necessary. It is strongly recommended that the applicant have knowledge and skills to provide TA and CBA (capacity building assistance) in the areas of public health technology integration; GIS mapping/data visualization; telehealth/telemedicine program implementation; health finance; medical education; and basic HIV service competencies.
Experience may be substituted for education.
This full-time position is based in HealthHIV’s Washington, DC office.
- Openness and willingness to receive and provide feedback.
- Ongoing learning and performance improvement.
- Enthusiasm, flexibility and adaptability in a changing and dynamic work environment.
Skills and Abilities Needed
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage projects and meet deadlines.
- Balance multiple responsibilities and function well under pressure.
- Deliver quality customer service and work products.
- Work effectively as part of a team with diverse staff.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Possess strong competencies in the field of HIV; public health technology integration; GIS mapping/data visualization; telehealth/telemedicine program implementation; health finance; medical education; and basic HIV service competencies.
- Strong group facilitation skills.
- Support staff in the development and implementation of strategies to deliver effective HIV capacity building.
- Conduct organizational assessments and write/edit reports to plan TA and CBA delivery.
- Coordinate the development of error-free, TA and CBA products and tools.
- Conduct needs assessment and literature review documents for TA and CBA programming.
- Work with staff in deliverying TA and CBA related to telemedicine/telehealth.
- Update and maintain content on online resources and toolkits that provides access to TA and CBA tools and educational materials.
- Assist in the preparation of required programmatic reports, including semi annual and quarterly reports.
- Develop reports and other documents associated with promoting sound HIV related programs for audiences including program administrators.
- Participate in organizational, project, and client meetings as required.
- Maintain organized project files, including emails, surveys, reports, databases, presentations, etc. in electronic and paper formats as appropriate.
- Support staff in development of accrediated medical education content.
- Coordinate medical and continuing education review of content.
- Support partnership development and communication with medical education accreditors.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Travel up to 20% required.
- Comprehensive health benefits (Domestic Partners are eligible for coverage).
- Retirement benefits (eligible to join the 403b plan after the three-month introductory period). Twenty-three days (minimum) of paid personal leave (accrual begins on start date at 7.19 hours per pay period).
How to Apply
Resumes must include a one-page cover letter and should be submitted to email@example.com with “Capacity Building Coordinator” in the subject line. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
This job description is not inclusive of all responsibilities or duties related to the position and may be revised at any time. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required by the project or the organization. Employment with HealthHIV is at-will, and as such, the employment relationship may be terminated at any time, with or without cause.